Saturday 2 November 2013

After shower Hair Products!


Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about Hair Products! So, after doing my What's in my shower post, it only seems fitting we continue onto hair products! And similarly to that post, I honestly don't use that many products in my hair *whispers* It's because I'm lazy! *whispers*

Immediately after showering - I brush my hair, my hair gets soooooo tangled its unreal. I didn't take a picture of my brush; as it is your standard paddle brush but I'll link mine here.
Then I move onto volumizing and heat protection. I blow-dry my hair pretty much every other day (with the occasionally day I let it air-dry when I'm using rollers etc.) So these products to me are essential!
Firstly, I use my Paul Mitchel Extra-Body Sculpting Foam - I LOVE this stuff! I've been using it since I was 13 years old, I purchased it after I had my first lot of layers put into my hair! I never looked back!
I rate products when I really miss them when they aren't in my routine. This is one of those products. I really notice the difference with the body of my hair when I don't use it!
This next product is new addition to my routine; when my Argon Oil Cream ran out in late September - I really needed new heat protection and something that would give my hair some extra shine. A year ago I was using the famous Moroccan oil (which I really loved!) but it is just sooo expensive! I really couldn't afford it at the time so I had to go with something from boots. I decided to try L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil - they have a few different formulas - I picked the one for coloured hair. Now, this is a thin oil, not like Moroccan oil; which is a lot thicker. You can use before showering, before blow-drying and after styling. So many uses! I use it before blow-drying, which gives me some protection and some added glossy-ness.

After blow-drying, I usually stick my hair in a bun and let it form some natural looking waves or I use my curling tongs (if I'm feeling bothered :P) But I always use Hair Spray - no matter what the style! This one is another old-faithful for me; which I have been using since I was 13! It is the Bed Head Hard Hold Hairspray. This stuff is truly awesome and it gives great hold to any style, while being still a bit flexible! Highly recommend.
The last product I'm going to mention is something I use on my more lazy days...Batiste Dry Shampoo, big & bouncy XXL volume. As you can tell, I like volume in my hair as it is naturally very straight and quite flat! So I give my hair as much as it can get! I only use this if I haven't had chance to shower or my hair looks like it needs a pick me up. It really works and I love the smell!

I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a lovely day!

Emma
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...