Sunday 17 August 2014

My L'Occitane Experience


Hey Everyone,

Firstly, I wanted to say "Hey!" to all my new followers - I always get way too excited when I get that notification to say I have some new readers :P! Please don't be shy; I love hearing from you all (constructive feedback is greatly appreciated). 

Anyway...on with the post!


While I was in the Lake District on my holiday this summer, I did manage to get a bit of shopping in (naturally). Now, I have been into L'Occitane boutiques before, but I have never actually bought anything form them - until now!

As I entered the boutique I was greeted with a glass of rose - which was a lovely surprise! (Note: that every time I've been into a L'Occitane shop I have been offered a drink or a chocolate; even when I had not made a purchase!) The staff are always welcoming and friendly. The lady who helped me on this occasion was very knowledgable of the products, and I felt no way pressured into making a purchase.

So anyway, what did I pick up?

 

I have been on the hunt for a good hydrating/moisturising cream which doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and doesn't break me out. This seems a hard thing to come by for me. As I feel that the lighter, more gel-like moisturisers aren't hydrating enough for my dry cheeks. 

This range was recommended to me as it is good for combination to normal skins. Firstly, this packaging is amazing! It is super heavy and feels expensive. 


The cream itself is relatively thick, but not at all greasy and pretty light on the skin. I can happily wear this as a day moisturiser and a night moisturiser (I just add a moisturising serum for more hydration at night). Also, I absolutely love the smell of this cream - it has this special plant called Angelica, that promotes 24-hour hydration.

I was also intrigued by Hydra Vital Face Mist in this range, but there was a special offer on this set called the Summer Ritual. It was half price at £15, and as the spray is £12 full price anyway. And there was 15% off when you spend over £30. So, basically, I was sold!

Summer Ritual - Face mist on the left.

I haven't actually tried the shampoo, conditioner or hand cream as I am saving them for my next holiday. But the Face mist is a lovely cooling spray, and it has that lovely scent (the same as the cream). My only annoyance is that the spray comes out really weirdly; as it just goes everywhere, except your face. I don't use this regularly as a toner, but I am planning to use it when the weather is hot as a cooling spray.

Overall, I have been impressed with the service from L'Occitane and happy with the products purchased. These are not cheap products, and I can safely say (from the products used) you are getting your money's worth!

I hope you have a lovely day and enjoyed this post!
x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...