Wednesday 13 August 2014

First glance at Charlotte Tilbury // K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Fallen From the Lipstick Tree

Hey Everyone,

I finally caved! I resisted the first time I saw the new glorious, glistening counter in Selfridges - that is home to a new-ish brand of Charlotte Tilbury's. It just had to be done - eventually. I had some time to kill after my work experience in Birmingham, and the swatches got to me...and then I tried it! There is no going back after that point!

I'll start with my only negative comment of the post. I have spoken to Charlotte Tilbury assistants before and they have always been lovely and polite. Except for the one that served me on this occasion. He seemed extremely disinterested in my request to try the lipsticks - as if it was an inconvenience to him; as it interrupted his conversion with a co-worker.  He was very cold, and didn't seem to want to help me make a decision on what shade to go with. I was overall unimpressed - and it is a shame; as I shall now think twice about shopping at the Birmingham counter.


First of all, can we just admire this packaging? 


There is no detail spared - even on the box! 





















This is what the lipstick case looks like, it has the signature rose-gold packaging. I love the CT logo on the top; lovely touch :P! I feel very fancy when I pull out this lipstick: it feels and looks good quality.


It is a light nudey-pink shade - definitely more on the nude side than pink. It is sheerer than some of the other shades I tried, which means it is pretty much fool proof. I was able to put this on on the train with no mirror, and as far as I'm aware I didn't look a mess afterwards! Also, on a side note, love the name - makes me feel extra trendy!  

 This is it on my lips (natural light).

This is now my favourite nude - it is much more wearable than my Tom Ford lipstick in Blush nude, which is much more opaque. The formula is extremely comfortable to wear; it is made from special plant extracts that not only make it a joy to apply, but also protect the lip.

Whole face shot.

As you can see this works really well with my skin tone and I don't feel like it washes me out. Lovely finish - with enough colour pay-off without it being over powering!

So, if you haven't had chance to try these lipsticks out - I'd definitely recommend trying these. I will certainly be looking to add more Charlotte Tilbury to my collection. 
I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely day!
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...