Monday 23 June 2014

It's love...// Surratt Beauty

Hey Everyone,

So, instead of continuing with my Blog Challenge (which has been massively failing), I decided to do a different post today. It's all about Surratt Beauty, which is the love-child of the fabulous Troy Surratt. It is a Japanese-inspired makeup line that was four years in the making. 

This range is exclusively to Liberty London - which is home to one of my favourite beauty halls! Definitely, the first thing I noticed about the collection is that it looked pretty small. However, it has blushers, lipsticks, lip glosses, mascara, eyeliner, brows - you name it! There is certainly enough there to get your attention. Also, wanted to mention that Liberty has a loyalty card! Hurray! This includes Beauty Loyalty, which awards you an extra point for every £1 you spend on beauty. Doesn't sound too bad. 



I also wanted to mention the very special service I received from the sales assistant, Narong, who was extremely knowledgable of all the products. I asked him, "What would be the must have product from this makeup line?" Without hesitation, he said the, "the smoky eye baton". 

It is packaged in a sleek black box, which has the the brand name lightly embossed on the bottom.
You probably can't tell from this picture that there is a gradient change in finish on the pencil itself! At the pencil end it has a matte outer casing and as it goes to the shadow-end it goes glittery! Amazing - I love those little details, which makes the product even more special!

Also, look how small it is! It makes this product perfect for travel or just having in your handbag for touch ups!
















To show me how this product worked, Narong draw this basic eye-shape on his hand. This little illustration shows how easily this product can create a classic smoky eye.

I went for the taupe shade called Cendres; as I felt that I could use this as an everyday shadow as well as use it in the evenings paired with a bold lip.







To start, you have to line the top and bottom lash lines with the creamy eye liner. On the top lash line, I have been going about half-way up my eyelid as I wear relatively strong eyeliner.




Then, all you have to do is apply the satin eyeshadow - I do this straight from the applicator which is pretty easy. To finish, I just blend the top line with a MAC 217.

There appears to be minimal fall-out and the colour is extremely beautiful and opaque! I am in love with the subtle sheen this product gives to the eye.


This is what it looks like when first applied.

This is after a long day at work (so sat in a stuffy, sweaty office for 6 hours!) and after looking after 9 kids at Rainbows! So, not bad wear. There is a bit of creasing, but that is to be expected.

Overall, I am pretty impressed with this product. I have used it everyday since I purchased it! To say I'm obsessed is an understatement! Just need to get more colours, and there are five shades in total.







Other products I am lusting after from Surratt beauty include Artistique blush in 5 duchesse (created for Adele! Which not going to lie, makes me want it more!), Lipslique in Hevyn (created in memory of the great Kevyn Aucoin) and Expressioniste brow pomade.

Are there any products that have caught your eye?

I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a lovely day!
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...