Wednesday 16 October 2013

Is it worth the investment?


Hey Everyone,

So, I was thinking the other day - life is really expensive! (especially, if you are like me, and you have expensive taste :P) There are trends that come and go every year, but you really have to ask yourself - is it worth it? I am going to do a little series answering that question with some of my own personal investments.

Starting with....Boots!


More specifically, flat everyday boots. Everyone needs shoes, right? These you can pretty much wear with ANYTHING! Whether it be jeans and a t-shirt, or you want to dress them up with a dress. I am currently at uni and living in a student house, so I am limited on space. I had to be very strict with myself when choosing which ones to bring with me :/

These are probably the most comfortable shoes I own at the moment, they are a classic Chelsea Boot. I got these from Topshop about a month before I came back to uni and they are just a dream. I always wear black so I chose them in a Taupe shade so as to break up an all-black outfit.












I also love the fact that they have a slightly higher heel
than most of the other Chelsea boots I have tried, as this means I don't feel so much of a penguin when walking in them!
Also, for all you students out there, I did get student discount off these which was 10%. So that makes them even more awesome :)! I can't remember the price but they were no more than £60 - money well spent!!
As I said, I bought these from Topshop but I can't find these ones specifically :(. Though they have some similar ones online.

Finally, my babies....

These are the classic Dr Martens 1460 Boot in smooth Black Leather. I did get these as a Christmas present last year and I would totally recommend the investment! They priced at £100, and I was able to get student discount on these as well :) I have a love, hate relationship with these boots as they are sized quite large as a shoe. I am normally a size 6, but these are a BIG size 6! So, a part of me wishes I had got these in a size 5, but I was worried I wouldn't stretch them far enough.

But having said that, these were a life-saver when it snowed in Brighton last January. I could not have walked home without them! I am currently in the "love" part of our relationship and am finding them extremely comfortable. And as I said they are a classic boot that will last you so many years.

Here is a link to the Dr Martens Website.



I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely day,

Emma
x



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...