Friday 25 October 2013

FX Make up for amateurs!


Hey Everyone,

It is 7 days until HALLOWEEN!! Something you will learn very quickly about me is that I LOVE to dress up!! I am one of those people that gets far too into any themed party/event.
Just a few examples...


  Then, last Halloween, I created this....

I was just so tired of the average female dressing slutty with some form of animal ears on their head! I think Halloween should be scary and remind you of that "Saw" film that left you sleepless for weeks! 
Last year's concept is going to be hard to beat...

Don't worry I have something planned....you'll have to wait and see :P

Though here are my must haves when you are first "playing" with special effects make up.

 I wouldn't have been able to create my last Halloween look without my trusty Ben Nye Liquid Latex and Nose and Scar Wax. I've used these products for so many looks - joker, zombie, Edward Scissor hands etc. (to name only a few possibilities!) And as a side note, they honestly weren't that expensive, for such a good brand of make up! I can't remember the site I ordered them from last year but I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to google!
Tip for Nose and Scar Wax; make sure your hands are slightly damp when using the wax; as this stops the wax from sticking to your hands. I use a cheap moisturizer or you could use face/hand wipes.

Another Halloween must have is White face paint! The dead don't tend to have rosey pink skin :P You can get this from almost any party/fancy dress shop! I love this one in particular from Snazaroo because it is so true to colour. Just add a little water, and mix with a sponge or brush, then apply in even strokes.

Then here are some more fun extras!
 I've never been a character who needed fangs before so this should be interesting! I bought these off eBay, they were like £2.99. I got these ones specifically because they came with 'putty' which will hopefully make them last a lot longer than a full set of teeth! Can you guess what I am going to be? Not as obvious as it appears!
 Then, finally, I bought some coloured contact lenses! Again, never used these before so should be interesting to say the least :) I feel coloured contacts will just make my costume that little bit more creepy! They are pricey at £17.99! But I reckon it shall be worth it!

I now know what you are all thinking - Where is the fake blood? Not to worry, I believe in homemade fake blood as it gives a more "real" effect and I know it is safe to ingest. It is essentially, just lots of syrup and food colourings! Only downside is you become very sticky!

What are you going as for Halloween? I'd love to know! Remember, it's all in the little details!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have a lovely day!

Emma
x





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...