Saturday 26 October 2013

#1 What's on my nails?


Hey Everyone,

So, I thought I'd start by saying, sorry about my lack of blog posts at the start of this week. I've been really ill with mumps these past 5 days! Though I'm feeling a lot better now and my swollen face is almost back to normal! This is all just in time for 2 deadlines I have next week for my course :/ so I've been frantically trying to get those finished! No rest for the wicked :P!

Anyway, I'm better now and will hopefully get on top of my blogging! So there might be a few extra posts this week to make up for the ones I missed!

This is going to be a nice short one and my first - What's on my nails? Honestly guys, I'm pretty useless when it comes to painting my nails! I always forget to do it and when I do them it is usually a rubbish job, so don't expect too many of these kinda posts! But I painted my nails yesterday, so I thought why not!?

 So even though I'm not good at doing my nails and contrasting to many people's opinion of Chanel nail polishes - I am just obsessed with them! I don't know what it is, I love the packaging and to be honest, I've been lucky with the colours I have chosen (as I've had no trouble with them!) This is the most recent to my collection and my first nude nail polish ever. This is the shade 565 Beige.
This picture doesn't quite do it justice! In harsh lighting, it can look a little on the yellow side, but under normal lighting I think it looks like a "foundation" for your nails! Which is pretty cool I think! It's not a total matte colour, it does have an iridescence to it, which is pretty. It is a quite a thin polish, so 2-3 coats will get it opaque.  

I use the Sally Hanson Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat, as base and top coat (as the name suggests!) I really like these 2-in-1 products, especially for my nails as I can't be bothered to buy a separate base and top coat.
The wear time (with the Double Duty Strengthen) of this polish tends to be 3-4 days without chipping (this is on me anyway). So, same as most nail polishes!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have a lovely day!

Emma
x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...